Many thanks for checking out this page – Read on for easy-peasy, no-cost or low-cost ways you can raise funds to help unwanted and abandoned cats find lovely new homes!
As a Cats Protection branch, run entirely by volunteers, we have to raise the vast majority of our funds ourselves. The branch homes around 300 cats and kittens every year, and every one of these felines receives all the veterinary care it needs (as a minimum including a preliminary vet check, plus vaccinations, neutering and microchipping as necessary).
We do our best to minimise costs where feasible (and some of the local vets are very kind to us in this respect) but this level of care, plus of course food, litter and everything else the cats need, takes a lot of money every single month.
Here are some easy and practical ways you can raise funds to keep the branch running, at little or no cost to you:
- Sell unwanted items on Ebay and donate the proceeds to the branch (listed on Ebay under ‘Cats Protection Wey Valley Branch). Follow this link to the branch’s Ebay page, and click the Sell tab to start selling.
- Before you shop at Amazon.co.uk, make sure you use this link to get to the Amazon site. That will mean the branch automatically gets up to 10% of every eligible item you buy directly from Amazon (at no extra cost to you, naturally!).
- Upgrading your mobile phone or tablet? Use this site to compare the best prices from many of the big online mobile buying sites, then if you sell to one of those sites, the branch will get a donation for each one you trade in. (And of course if you did also want to donate the sale price to us as well, we wouldn’t say no, but we’re too polite to ask!)
- Donate your cashback from TopCashBack
The branch is now listed as a charity you can support via TopCashBack. You can choose to donate any percentage you like of cashback earnings to the branch.
To sign up, head to http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/dspalton.
Once you have opted for a cashback offers – the easiest is a free vodafone/giffgaff/o2 sim card – there will be £10 donated to the branch from that account, once you hit £10 in your account. You can even choose to donate any cashback you make to the branch, by choosing us in the Charities Pages. This is a really very easy way to get a few boxes of cat food for us.
If you are able to share this info on facebook or twitter you can copy and past this shortened link http://bit.ly/WJh6N4 which goes to the same page.
- Recycle your old printer cartridges and mobile phones – another really easy to raise funds the branch! If you work in an office, perhaps you could check if your employer will give you their compatible cartridges? Follow this link for full instructions.
- OK, so this one involves splashing a little cash on our behalf, but it gives you a whole year of sending unlimited ecards! There’s a great choice of cards to send for all occasions, and if you add in Gift Aid to your donation (of min. £10), the branch gets at least 100% of your donation. Follow this link to sign up for your membership.
- Shop for great daily deals at DealCloud
The branch is also on the charity list for daily deals site DealCloud. For any special daily offers you buy, a percentage will come to the branch.
All you need to do is use the link http://www.dealcloud.co.uk/London?CT=ISAS and when you make a purchase, you will see the following message in the right-hand corner:
‘You are supporting Farnham & Wey Valley Cats Protection
Every purchase that you make through DealCloud helps your supported charity. We donate a percentage of the deal price to your supported charity‘.
A short link for sharing on social media is: http://bit.ly/VQ9TfU
- Attention caffeine lovers! If you (or your workplace) has a Tassimo coffee machine, don’t throw away the empty pods! Please collect them for us and we’ll send them off for recycling, with 2p a pod going to the branch. We can also collect plastic pens and highlighters! Get collecting, people! Visit this site for all the details – www.recycletassimopods.com
- Last but not least, surely the most painless way of getting some funds flowing branch-wards is by getting your retail therapy fix online, making sure you click through from our EasyFundraising site first! Every participating retailer sends a percentage of your total purchase to us. There are loads of retailers signed up, making this one a real no-brainer. Every time you’re shopping online, please remember to check our EasyFundraising page first to see if you can snatch some extra funds for the cats! www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/farnhamcats
Amazon Wish List
We have our own Amazon Wish List. This is where you can choose to purchase items from Amazon on our Behalf.
You can see the items we are looking for below, or you can bookmark our wish list at:
FarnhamCats Amazon Wish List
If you have any queries about anything mentioned here, or if you’d like to suggest or help with another way for us to raise funds for the branch, we’re all ears!
Please email email@example.com – purrs to you!